So by now we all know of the Corona virus that has been spreading recently. However we have good news, you do not have to avoid the gym! Much of the Coronavirus can be prevented using everyday hygiene routines.
This is the official response from the CDC regarding precautions to take during this time:
- Clean your hands often
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds especially after you have been in a public place, or after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol. Cover all surfaces of your hands and rub them together until they feel dry.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Put distance between yourself and other people if COVID-19 is spreading in your community. This is especially important for people who are at higher risk of getting very sick.
If you are at risk stay home!
We can not stress enough that if you are sick, elderly, or have a compromised immune system STAY HOME! Even if you have people immediately around you in your life that are; sick, elderly, or have compromised immune systems, you may want to think twice and take extra precautions. Our members health and safety are always number one for us. If you need to take a break for any amount of time the gym will still be here when you come back, we are not going anywhere.
What we do and what you can do to help
Being a clean gym has always been our main priority. Hence why we have white mats and only allow white Gis. If the gym is unclean you would be able to see it.
- We vacuum and then wash our mats after every class
- All gym equipment is wiped down with sanitizing wipes after every use
- Wash your Gi after EVERY USE
- This includes Gi top, bottom, belt, and rashguard
Time Magazine article about this topic: https://time.com/5795492/gym-fitness-studio-coronavirus/
If you have any questions or concerns feel free to reach out to us at any point!